Sunday, March 30, 2014

Play Obsessed with Star Trek until I earn 15 points

Seeing as how I am still sick and I spend a lot of my time in a coma, I decided to spend quality time with my boyfriend today and do something that interests him. What did we do?

Play Obsessed with Star Trek until I earn 15 points
I was expecting this to take me all day, because I am awful at this game and my Star Trek knowledge limited, but it actually went pretty smoothly and I think I did the best I've ever done today. Granted, some of it was guess work, but I actually knew some of the questions or had remembered them from previous games. Amazingly, I also think that for the first time ever, I did better than my boyfriend.


The book works in multiple choice. The little screen at the bottom shows you which question to answer and you pick from options A, B, C and D.

These are the questions I got right, in order answered:

1) The Next Generation crew's second film outing was more successful than anyone could have hoped. It's $30 million opening box office made First Contact the best opening among the first ten films. Featuring time travel, the Borg, and a new ship, the sophomore film pleased almost everyone.
Picking up plot threads from Picard's assimilation in the third-season cliff-hanger, this film also had what The Wrath of Khan brought: a strong villain. But giving a "face" to a race of hive-mind cybernetic drones required a different approach. Thus the Borg queen was born. Inexplicably separate and yet still connected to the Borg communal mind, she tempted Data to join her in her quest to achieve perfection.
How long did Data think about her offer?

2) Though Commander Shelby clearly wanted Riker's job, what did she end up doing after the battle of Wolf 359?

3) How did the Duras sisters discover the Enterprise's shield modulation frequency?

4) What type of radiation stranded the Galileo 7 shuttlecraft on the planet Taurus?

5) What did the temporal core of a Krenim ship do?

6) Once assimilated, what colour did a Borg drone's skin become?

7) Who seemed best able to keep Miles and Keiko's infant son from crying?

8) Which former Enterprise cre member had died while in Exile with Khan?

9) What top speed could Danube-class ship runabouts reach?

10) In Star Trek: Next Generation, what division did a red suit signify?

11)  How did Kirk explain Spock's odd behavior to Dr. Taylor?

12) For centuries, governmental power on Cardassia had been shared between the military's Central Command and its secret intelligence agency. The official name of the governing body was the Cardassian Union, and the civilian Detapa Council served as a bridge between its two branches. However, it was little more than a figure head for the true governmental authorities.
After the battle of the Omarion Nebula, the first major engagement in the war between the Dominion and the Alpha Quadrant, the Detapa Council and a Cardassian dissident movement briefly took control of the government.
One Cardassian military commander secretly negotiated for the Cardassian Union to become part of the Dominion. In the episode "By Inferno's Light", he became the ruler of Cardassia. Who was this officer?

13) While infected by the energy cloud in "The Practical Joker", what does the U.S.S. Enterprise computer send out to decoy the Romulan vessel?

14) What punk rock legend guest-starred as Yelgrun in "The Magnificent Ferrengi"?

15) In 2373, the U.S.S. Defiant was equipped with what type of new communications technology?

And that's all for today. Tomorrow, I have decided to give my boyfriend a pre-April Fool's day prank! My energy is starting to pick up again, so that should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment