Saturday, July 19, 2014

Open my cookbook at a random page, close my eyes and point, and make whatever dish I point at

Since we were doing groceries today, and also making a menu for the week, I decided that today would be a good day for this challenge!

Open my cookbook at a random page, close my eyes and point, and make whatever dish I point at
The dish I pointed at is called Roast Pork Tenderloin. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 medium filets of pork, cut lengthwise
1 clove garlic
6 medium potatoes
1/2 tspn savory
salt and pepper
1 tspn soft butter
1/2 tspn dry mustard
1/4 cup hot water

Cook:
1.Rub the filets with garlic.
2.Cook the potatoes, mash and prepare them (add butter or milk or whatever you do to prepare your mashed potatoes).
3. Add savory and seasonings to potatoes.
4. When cooled, form in to a roll the same length as the filets and place them between the filets.
5. Tie the two ends in the middle without tightening.
6. Brush the top filet with butter and sprinkle with dry mustard. Add salt and pepper.
7. Place rolls in baking dish with 1/4 cup of hot water.
8. Bake 350 degrees F for 1 hour, basting a few times.

It was very yummy and I would definitely eat it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment