Friday, July 25, 2014

Write a letter to myself in 10 years

This is definitely a more personal blog entry, but still an important challenge all the same. It helps to look forward and reflect on the future.

Write a letter to myself in 10 years
The letter I wrote:

Dear 32 year old Ashton,

This is you at 22. How's it going? It's hard to write a letter to the future. I don't know where you'll be or what you'll be doing.

I do hope you've found happiness. I imagine there's hard times ahead. Michael will be 14, a teenager. I wonder what kind of young man he's growing up to be. I wonder where you live, how you've changed. Did you lose the weight you wanted? Did you get a job that made you happy? Are you with the same person?

I guess if I want to achieve those things, it's up to me. The decisions I make will change the answers to those questions and to some degree, who you are.

I look forward to meeting you,
Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment