Sunday, June 8, 2014

Make my own hot chocolate

I had the motivation and the ingredients to do this today, so I jumped on the opportunity! I found the recipe here: https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=5265 if anyone wants to check it out.

Make my own hot chocolate
So as the recipe stated, I mixed 1/4 cup cocoa powder (which coincidentally was Hershey's) and 1/2 cup sugar, as well as 1/3 cup hot water hot water. I mixed it all up.



After that, I waited for it to boil and I stirred it for 2 minutes. Then I added 4 cups of milk, and stirred it in, heated it up, and made sure it didn't boil.

Once that was done and it was heated appropriately, I added in 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 of mint. Or, I tried anyways. I think I added a bit too much.

In the end, it was pretty yummy, regardless. It also made a generous amount if you have company. I would definitely make it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment