Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Volunteer on an abuse counseling line

Over the past few weeks, I have been doing this challenge, training to go out there in the volunteer world. Today, I also turned this volunteering opportunity in to an internship! I would love to be able to turn this in to a career someday.

Volunteer on an abuse counseling line
I am volunteering with a sexual abuse counseling line at a non-profit organization called Foothills alliance. For the next week, and for the past few weeks, I am training how to answer calls for support, as well as offer support to victims of sexual abuse when they go to the ER to be tested.

This isn't going to be easy seeing the things these people are going through, but I am glad I can help, even if its just in a small way.

Once my training is complete, not only will I be a volunteer, but I will also be interning around the office!It would be great if that opened the doors to some career options, but even if it doesn't, I would still rather be doing something meaningful. So I'm happy I have this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment