Sunday, June 22, 2014

Visit a new state

Watch out for a lot of pictures coming your way, because this was a big one! I had a really great weekend and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to accomplish this!

Visit a new state
I've driven through some states but haven't seen much of them, but I wanted this to be a visit to a state I had never set foot in before. The closest one to us is Tennessee!

Not a great picture, but oh well! So after weeks of planning, we decided on Knoxville as our destination!

 We left Saturday morning and got there in the afternoon. Our first destination was the museum of art!

There were a lot of really neat things in there, paintings, glass workings, sculptures, even little miniature rooms! These were some of my favourites:


Afterwards, I was feeling a bit sick, so we headed to the hotel! (See my previous blog post on the hotel!) We picked a really good location and we had a nice little shopping center right across the street!


Afterwards, we headed to a restaurant that was only a 5 minute walk away called Dowtown Grill & Brewery, where I ordered the best potato skins I've ever had, a chicken quesadilla, and even tried a new kind of beer! My boyfriend got the steak. It was a very good restaurant and if I lived closer, I would definitely eat there again!


For desert we tried some chilled ice and frozen gelatto at a little restaurant in that area in the picture above the quesadilla and we also went to a gift shop and got a toy tool set for Michael, a tacky mug for my tacky mug collection, and a stuffed cute owl!

We watched a movie and some shows that night and went to bed. In the morning we had breakfast at the hotel and then headed for the Ijams Nature Center!


Which didn't have much going on since it was a Sunday morning, but we saw some birds, some bugs, and a pond, as well as having a nice walk around the park on a quiet morning.


After that we headed home!

It was a great weekend and I'm so happy it was something I got to enjoy. I would go back and I think it was a really fun little weekend getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment